Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) has sixteen teaching departments under five faculties. Water Resources Engineering (WRE) and Civil Engineering (CE) are the two departments under the faculty of Civil Engineering.
About the Department
The Department of Water Resources Engineering was established in 1974 at Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka. Later the department became one of the two constituent departments of the Faculty of Civil Engineering when it was created in 1980. It is located at the sixth floor of the Civil Engineering Building.
The Department offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. There are total of about 150 undergraduate and 70 postgraduate students in the department. The mission of the department is to produce well-qualified graduate engineers capable of meeting the changing and ever expanding needs of sustainable development and management of water and related resources of the country and of the region with due considerations of professional practices, socio-economic issues and environmental aspects.
The key educational objectives of this department are to prepare the students to acquire -
• Ability to solve civil and water resources engineering problems
• Ability to design and conduct experiments on related engineering problems
• Ability to analyze critically and interpret data
• Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
Graduates from this department are expected to take up positions in a variety of fields with their diversified proficiency and knowledge base.
Departmental Functions and Programs
Various activities, functions and programs of the Department of Water REsources Engineering include -
• Degree Programs
• Continuing Education & Outreach Programs
• Research, Advisory & Extension Services
• Linkage & Collaboration with other Universities & Industries
More information on the departmental programs and activities » Departmental Activities